Guitar Tablature: Learn To Play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star With Guitar Tab
Powered by Max Banner Ads
Even if you haven’t played guitar tablature before you can impress or maybe shock your friends by playing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. Let’s start playing guitar tab!
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star is a popular English nursery rhyme with the French melody Ah! Vous dirais-je, Maman. You can play this song on the first three strings on the guitar.
The text is from a poem, “The Star”, by Jane Taylor. It was first published in 1806. Here you have the English lyrics:
Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are! Up above the world so high, Like a diamond in the sky. Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are!
We will use guitar tablature so you will not need to read sheet music. You will only use the thinnest strings on the guitar. The string with the highest pitch is called the first string or E-string. Look at the following guitar tab:
1. 0-0-0-0—————– 2. ——–1-1-1-1——— 3. —————-2-2-2-2-
This is a tablature staff and the four number 0 indicate that you play the first string four times without pressing down any finger on your right hand. This is called to play on an open string.
The four number 1 coming after is played on the second string pressing down your first finger on the first fret. Then you will play the third string four times pressing down the string on the second fret. This is what the previous guitar tablature notation is telling you.
Let’s play the first notes of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star with guitar tablature:
1. ————0–0————————– 2. ——3–3——-3—-1–1–0–0———- 3. 0–0—————————–2–2–0–
If you want to use your left hand in a professional way you can play the guitar tab notes on the first fret with your first finger, notes on the second fret with your middle finger and the notes on the third fret with your ring finger.
Now it’s only one guitar tablature part left:
1. 3–3–1–1–0–0—– 2. ——————3– 3. ———————
After having played this part twice, go back and play the first guitar tablature part and the melody is complete.
Now when you understand guitar tablature notation you can find many songs written this way on the internet. Search for guitar tab or guitar tablature. A complete guitar tablature staff has six lines representing the six strings.
If you have an ukulele hanging somewhere you can use the previous tablature too. The first three strings on an ukulele is tuned the same way as on the guitar.
Just one more thing for you to do. Play the song for your friends! Good luck!
- Beauty Tips – Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Pure 12 [Part 2 of …
- Drill – Part 3 – RECON – Military Videos – The Pentagon Channel …
- nancynall.com » The way they did it.
- Make Chrome's New Tab Page More Useful and Artistic | How to Use …
- Building an iphone App Combining Tab Bar, Navigation and Tab …
- A Decade of International Guitar Nights « The Echoes Blog
- Slice of Life: Ukulele and Drum Sticks | Kevin's Meandering Mind
- 83 Beautiful DIV/CSS Based Web Designs » DJDESIGNERLAB – Find All …
- Guitar Pedal Board Plans
- An Introduction to Piano Tablature
- The Much Awated Facebook Tab Now Released for HTC Sense 2.5 …
- How can I find a native English speaker who are learning Chinese …
- Matthew Yglesias » Slapped By The Invisible Hand
- George W. Bush wipes hand on Bill Clinton's shirt after shaking …
- Classic Game Room HD – GUITAR HERO METALLICA review | XBOX …
- 8 Tips on Guest Posting Your Way to Twitter Dominance
- thejetsblog.com » Interview – ProFootballFocus (Part Two)
- Tablature Song
- Knuckles Pain: Finger Knuckle Pain Causes, Treatment and Home Remedies
- SLAM ONLINE | » Stephen Jackson's 'Excruciating' Finger Injury